Better Together (now known as BE Together) is our Tenancy Support team‘s award-winning campaign to tackle loneliness in our communities.
The campaign dovetails with Norfolk County Council’s In Good Company initiative. Broadland was the first housing association in the county to be awarded the In Good Company+ top-quality award in 2018.
The Better Together programme includes an annual week of expert talks and workshops for staff, and a rolling programme of activities and events for tenants – to raise awareness of the impact of loneliness in the community.
Events have so far included:
- Expert talks for staff from community charities and organisations, including Royal British Legion, Mind, Friends in Need, Friends Against Scams, Carers Matter Norfolk, Pets as Therapy, ACT (Aylsham & District Care Trust)
- Staff donations of food and toiletries for emergency food packs for tenants in need
- A sponsored Sleepout to highlight homeless & social isolation in aid of the Benjamin Foundation.
- VIDEO: what Broadland staff are doing to combat loneliness
- Linking tenants with family & friends online in free social media workshops our area offices in Dereham, Norwich, King’s Lynn and Great Yarmouth.