Repairs and losses
You are responsible for the following:
- replacing blown light bulbs, fuses, lost keys, and sink plugs
- replacing tubes/starters for fluorescent lights
- informing us ASAP of any urgent or routine repair that requires our attention: see How to report a repair
- providing easy access to contractors who are carrying out repairs and the annual servicing of gas appliances
NB: Please make sure you get our permission BEFORE you start any works to improve or alter your property!
Damage and breakages
- Caused by you or others living in your home
You are responsible for ensuring that whatever is broken (internally or externally) is repaired to the same standard as before it was damaged. This could involve sourcing and paying a suitable professional if you are not able to repair it yourself.
- Resulting from a break-in or vandalism
If damage is caused by a break-in or vandalism, we will make your home safe. However, we will only do further work if you supply us with a Police Crime Number (not an incident number given out over the phone).
For more information, see our leaflet How to report a repair.