Our housing with care schemes provide a supported environment with homes for older people who have a care need and who wish to remain independent
Housing with care allows people to continue living a completely independent life in their own self-contained flat. They also benefit from round-the-clock access to on-site care professionals and exceptional communal services, including:
- Communal garden spaces
- On-site laundry facilities
- Communal dining and seating areas
- Social activities
- Subsidised, freshly prepared meals with healthy food options
- On-site assisted bathing and toilet facilities
NorseCare provides the onsite care at housing with care schemes in Norfolk. NorseCare is nationally recognised for the quality of its care. In 2019 two Broadland housing with care schemes, operated by NorseCare, were rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We currently offer housing with care schemes in Norwich, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Cromer, Holt, Wymondham and Great Yarmouth. You can download brochures about these schemes (see below) from the NorseCare website.
How to apply
You will first need to register with your local council, as follows:
- Dell Rose Court & Harriet Court Norwich City Council Housing Department
- Robert Kett Court South Norfolk District Council
- The Lawns Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Oakes and Lisbon Court West Norfolk District Council
- Lloyd and Benjamin Court North Norfolk
The housing with care scheme is subject to a care and housing assessment from social services and your local housing department.
However, as a guide, in order to be eligible you must have both a housing need, as well as a care and support need, defined as follows:
A housing need simply means that your current home is no longer suitable for you and can no longer meet your requirements.
A care and support need means you can no longer live completely independently, and need help with personal care in one or more of the following areas:
- Getting up and going to bed
- Assistance with bathing, showering, and the use of toilet facilities
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Assistance with medication