Community Improvement Fund – now open for applications!
The Community Improvement Fund can offer grants up to £3000 and is designed to help tenants set up their own community project. For example, you might want to hold yoga classes in your local village hall and need support to pay for the teacher or hall hire, or to buy water butts for your scheme.
Your idea for funding must fall into one of the following categories:
- Health and wellbeing
- Community projects
- Environmental improvements
How to apply
Please complete this short online form – Community Improvement Fund 2021 application form.
Some quick questions answered
- The fund is open to Broadland Housing tenants only
- The fund is open once a year (between 1 April – 31 July) for applications: you can only make one application per scheme
- If you need a paper version of the application form, please call 01603 750113
- If you already have part funding for your project from another agency or charity or you have already done some fundraising, you can still apply to this fund
2020 Community Improvement Fund Awards
Thank you for all the applications we have received. Four members of our Tenant Action Group made up the 2020 judging panel. After much careful consideration, they awarded funds to the following projects:
- The Cedars & The Orchards – for communal garden seating
- ‘The Magick Patch’ in Heacham – for a greenhouse
- Elizabeth Fry Road & Shipfield – for communal garden improvements
- The Lawns – donation made towards a Summer House
- Dell Rose Court & Harriet Court – for communal garden furniture
Hear from Broadland tenant, Claire who started the allotment project ‘The Magick Patch’ in Heacham. With an initial grant from the Community Improvement Fund in 2019 to help start-up the project, Claire has gone on to source additional funding from local businesses. Claire was also awarded a second Community Improvement grant in 2020.