We’re sorry, the 2022 Gardening Competition is now closed for entries. Winners and runners up will be announced soon.
If you’re proud of your patch, why not enter our 2022 gardening competition? You could win up to £50!
Entry is open from 1 April to 13 June 2022 to all Broadland Housing tenants.
Whether your garden style is compact, colourful, formal or informal, traditional or modern, let’s hear from you!
2022 gardening competition categories are:
- Best Garden – Does your garden have the ‘wow’ factor? Judges will be looking for a variety of plants in different colours and shapes, and ornaments used to good effect.
- Best Small Garden – We want to see the best use of space, and a good variety of plants or flowers in the space available.
- Best Communal Garden – Do you have a garden that’s shared and used by tenants at your scheme? We would love to see how the garden benefits you and your neighbours.
- Best Patio, Courtyard or Balcony – Even in the smallest outdoor space, we want to see the creative ways you have been growing.
- Best Edible Garden – We want to see a variety of vegetables and fruits. Are you getting more than one harvest and are you planting all year round?
- Best Hanging Baskets – These should be really colourful, with lots of different plants, not forgetting some greenery.
The closing date for entries is 13 June 2022. Entry is open to Broadland Housing tenants only. Judging will take place in-person on 30 June and 1 July 2022 (if Covid restrictions allow)
Prizes: Winners and runners up in each category will receive a £25 or £15 voucher of their choice. There will also be an overall winner who will receive a £50 voucher of their choice. Every entrant will receive a certificate!
Here are some of our winners and runners up from the 2021 Virtual Gardening Competition: