To end your tenancy, you must:
- Give us 28 days’ notice to quit, unless your tenancy states otherwise. NB: please do this using Tenants Online or a handwritten letter – NOT an email.
- Give us access to your home to complete a full inspection within the 28-day notice period. You will also need to supply a forwarding address and ensure all outstanding rent has been paid.
- Leave your home in good condition and clear of any unwanted possessions. Otherwise you will be liable for charges.
- Ensure your home is locked and the keys are returned to us as agreed.
Read our checklist for moving out.
What if you change your mind?
If no longer wish to move, you may still be able to remain in your home if:
- You are within your 28-day notice period
- Your home has not been offered to someone else as part of our allocation process. Please contact us ASAP if you change your mind within the 28-day notice period.
Clearing a property after someone has died
We understand how difficult things can be when someone you know has died, and we are here to help.