We all want to do our bit to support those fleeing the conflict in Ukraine.
Homes for Ukraine
If you have a spare bedroom, you may want to be part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme. You will need to get written permission from us (as your landlord) to have a lodger in your home. Please contact your neighbourhood officer, who will respond as soon as possible. We will only grant permission if the lodger occupies a bedroom.
Please go to the Government website Homes for Ukraine to find full details of the scheme. You will also find information on the Government’s offer of financial support on this webpage.
Please note: we will not charge refugees rent and there is no obligation for you to provide anything other than accommodation for the refugee.
Other ways to support Ukraine
- Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal – for charities working in Ukraine and surrounding countries
- Supporting Ukraine in Norfolk Fund – for Ukrainian refugees settling in Norfolk
- If you speak Ukrainian and would like to help, please contact Norfolk County Council: email@example.com
- Read more about Together with Refugees, a coalition of organisations (including Norwich City of Sanctuary) calling for a more compassionate approach to refugees.
- Plant sunflowers in solidarity with the people of Ukraine! Sunflowers are the national flower of Ukraine