If you’re proud of your patch, why not enter our 2020 gardening competition? Entry is open from 1 April – 5 June to all Broadland Housing tenants, no matter how big or small your garden (or balcony)!
Whether your garden style is compact, colourful, formal or informal, traditional or modern, let’s hear from you!
The 7 categories are:
- Best Vegetable Garden – We want to see a variety of vegetables and fruits. Are you getting more than one harvest and are you planting all year round?
- Best Garden – Does your garden have the ‘wow’ factor? Judges will be looking for a variety of plants in different colours and shapes, and ornaments used to good effect.
- Best Recycled Garden – We are looking for the best use of recycled material – for example, old ornaments, pots or tyres. Maybe you have repurposed old materials to make flower beds, benches etc? We are also interested in how the recycled materials have been used to attract wildlife.
- Best Small Garden – We want to see the best use of space, and a good variety of plants or flowers in the space available.
- Best Hanging Baskets and Patio Pots – These should be really colourful, with lots of different plants, not forgetting some greenery.
- Best Community Garden – Do you have a garden that’s shared and used by your scheme? We would love to see how the garden benefits you and your neighbours.
- Best Community Garden with Assistance – A new category for Sheltered/Housing with care schemes where tenants get some gardening support from Broadland’s Estate Services team
The closing date is 5 June 2020. Judging will take place between 1 – 3 July 2020.
We’re giving away prizes for 1st and 2nd place in each category, and every entrant will receive a certificate. Our panel of judges include our Environmental Champions and Jane, our tenant gardening guru. Read Jane’s latest gardening tips in our Door to Door magazine.