Placeshapers is a national network of 100+ community-based housing associations. It was set up a lobby group and best practice sharing group in 2008. Inside Housing described Placeshapers as “one of the most high profile lobbying bodies in the sector’”. Read the 2020-21 Placeshapers Annual Review
More than 25% of people who live in a housing association home in England live in a Placeshapers home. Its services are used by more than 2 million people.
As a Placeshapers member we have signed up to:
- put residents and customers at the centre of what we do and ensure they have real influence on our organisation
- provide more than just landlord services because we care about people and the places where they work
- build homes that respond to local housing need
- recognise the importance of a local focus and work actively with local authorities and other local partners to improve and shape places at both a strategic and operational level
- believe there’s strength and benefit to residents and stakeholders in maintaining a strong, independent, diverse, values-driven housing association sector