July 2022: please see information about our current priorities for repairs.
When we arrive to carry out your repair, we ask you to keep 2 metres
distance from our staff and allow ventilation as much as possible. Our staff
are required to wear PPE during their visits to keep you and ourselves safe. Please tell us if you or anyone in your household has Covid symptoms or has tested positive for Covid. In this case we will only carry out urgent or emergency repairs.
When an emergency repair is reported, we aim to attend your home within 24 hours (some repairs are made safe within 4 hours). To ensure we make the best use of our resources, we have defined below what counts as an emergency repair.
Only genuine emergencies will be dealt with out-of-hours, which include:
- Major incident – fire, flood, major impact damage
- Escape of gas or fumes. First, call the National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999, then call our Customer Services.
- Loss of power and/or lighting to part of your home. Call UK Power Network if there is a local power cut affecting your neighbourbood: 0800 31 63 105
- Water leak that cannot be contained – this means that a bucket cannot contain the water overnight
- Blockages to main drains or toilet – if this is your only toilet.
- Sewage overflowing into the home from external drains
- Keeping your home safe and secure – for example, by carrying out temporary ‘make safe’ repairs
- Burst storage tanks, cylinders or pipes
- Heating system failure
- Loss of hot water
- Communal lighting failure
- Broken or missing manhole cover
- Broken stair treads, handrails, banisters or trip hazards
- Loose roof tiles – if it poses a health and safety risk, such as the roof tiles flying off
- Lost keys – we may be able to come to your property, depending on your circumstances and if we have the resources available. If not, you will need to contact a reputable local locksmith
- Malicious damage – we will need a crime reference number from you before we process any repair works caused by deliberate acts of damage
- Blocked drains – we will recharge you if a repair is needed because you have misused the drainage system by putting unsuitable materials or liquids in it