Get into everyday energy-saving habits! You will notice the difference on your fuel bills. It’s good for the environment too!
- Draw curtains at dusk – this acts as a barrier and prevents heat loss
- Open curtains during the day to take advantage of sunlight in the winter to keep your house warm
- Shut windows – if the heating is on and the windows are open, you are wasting energy and money
- Draught-proof around your front door and letter box to stop cold air entering
- Wash your clothes at 30-40°C – higher temperatures cost more
- Do not dry clothes directly on radiators – this lowers the room temperature and the boiler has to work harder
- Do not put furniture in front of radiators – this stops the warm air flow around the room
- Adjust your boiler settings – set the heating to come on 20 minutes before you get out of bed to warm the house.