We’re sorry, the 2023 Gardening Competition is currently closed for entries and will re-open in April.
If you’re proud of your patch, why not enter our 2023 gardening competition? You could win up to £50!
Entry is open from 1 April to 9 June 2023 to all Broadland Housing tenants.
Whether your garden style is compact, colourful, formal or informal, traditional or modern, let’s hear from you!
2023 gardening competition categories are:
- Best Garden – Does your garden have the ‘wow’ factor? Judges will be looking for a variety of plants in different colours and shapes, and ornaments used to good effect.
- Best Small Garden – We want to see the best use of space, and a good variety of plants or flowers in the space available.
- Best Communal Garden – Do you have a garden that’s shared and used by tenants at your scheme? We would love to see how the garden benefits you and your neighbours.
- Best Patio, Courtyard or Balcony – Even in the smallest outdoor space, we want to see the creative ways you have been growing.
- Best Edible Garden – We want to see a variety of vegetables and fruits. Are you getting more than one harvest and are you planting all year round?
- Best Hanging Baskets – These should be really colourful, with lots of different plants, not forgetting some greenery.
The closing date for entries is 9 June 2023. Entry is open to Broadland Housing tenants only. Judging will take place in-person (dates to be confirmed).
Prizes: Winners and runners up in each category will receive a £25 or £15 voucher of their choice. There will also be an overall winner who will receive a £50 voucher of their choice. Every entrant will receive a certificate!
Here are some of our winners and runners up from the 2022 Gardening Competition: