It is the tenant’s responsibility to:
- replace blown light bulbs, fuses, lost keys and sink plugs
- replace tubes/starters for fluorescent lights
- inform us ASAP of any urgent or routine repairs
- allow easy access to contractors who are carrying out repairs
- allow annual servicing of gas appliances
Broken, damaged or lost property
If you break, damage or lose any Broadland property, it must be repaired/replaced to the same standard as before the incident. You may have to find and pay a suitable professional if you are not able to repair it yourself. Please consider getting contents insurance to help cover the costs.
If your home has been damaged as a result of a break-in or vandalism, we will make it safe. However, we will not carry out any further work without a Police Crime Number. ***You will need to request this when reporting the incident to the police.***
Alterations or improvements
Please make sure you get our permission BEFORE you start any works to improve or alter your property. This is important. Any new works could introduce a fire risk that we are not aware of.