Broadland is a member of the National Policy Advisory Panel on Gypsy and Traveller Housing.
The National Policy Advisory Panel on Gypsy and Traveller Housing is a group of housing providers committed to providing more of this type of housing and raising accommodation standards.
A 2016 study* identified a list of essential ingredients for effective site delivery and management. Based on this research, the panel has produced Places we’re proud of (2021). This guide is illustrated with successful case studies from across the UK, including Broadland’s Brooks Green site near Norwich.
The guide covers:
- Why we need high-quality Gypsy and Traveller sites
- What works
- Site design and facilities
- Case studies
- Strategic local planning
- Plans, policies, accountability and trust
- Good site management, maintenance and support
- Strong collaboration and communication
*funded by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, undertaken by De Montfort University in Leicester and published by the Chartered
Institute of Housing.