Our housing with care schemes provide a supported environment with homes for older people who have a care need and who wish to remain independent. Our schemes in Norfolk offer award-winning standards of care.
Housing with care allows people to continue living a completely independent life in their own self-contained flat. They also benefit from round-the-clock access to on-site care professionals and exceptional communal services, including:
- Communal garden spaces
- On-site laundry facilities
- Communal dining and seating areas
- Social activities
- Freshly prepared meals with healthy food options
- On-site assisted bathing and toilet facilities
Take a tour of one of the flats at Harriet Court, housing with care scheme in Norwich
Find local housing with care
The housing with care scheme is subject to a care and housing assessment from social services and your local housing department.
However, as a guide, in order to be eligible you must have both a housing need, as well as a care and support need, defined as follows:
A housing need simply means that your current home is no longer suitable for you and can no longer meet your requirements.
A care and support need means you can no longer live completely independently, and need help with personal care in one or more of the following areas:
- Getting up and going to bed
- Assistance with bathing, showering, and the use of toilet facilities
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Assistance with medication
Read more about Norfolk County Council’s Housing with Care arrangements