Woodcote sheltered housing scheme is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac next to the Memorial Playing Field in Hethersett village, about 6 miles south-west of Norwich.
Woodcote offers independent living for the over-55s. It has 57 self-contained, 1-bedroom flats, suitable for 1 or 2 people.
Each flat has:
- living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom
- landline, TV and satellite point
- heating and water included in the rent (tenants are responsible for their own electricity charges)
- individual car parking space if required
- emergency pull cords, which immediately notify the scheme manager or out of hours service.
Please note scheme managers are working from home as a safety precaution during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- coffee mornings/afternoon tea
- weekly lottery
- Heart of Hethersett support group (bereavement, anxiety, depression)
- quarterly open meetings with Broadland staff about any issues arising on the scheme
- communal kitchen
- guest facilities
- free laundry facilities
- communal gardens
- 3 greenhouses, 3 composters, garden tools for tenants’ use
- CD/DVD/book library
- study area with computer and printer/scanner
- massage and beauty therapist
- free bus service between Hethersett and Wymondham/surrounding villages
- prescription delivery service
- Park Drive Stores – free home delivery service (minimum £10 spend)
- fish and chips delivery
- book and gift clubs
- greetings cards for sale
- newsagents – 5 minutes’ walk
- Tesco Express, GP surgery, Boots and a post office – 15-20 minutes’ walk
- attractive market town of Wymondham – 5 miles
- historic city of Norwich – 6 miles