As your landlord, Broadland has certain responsibilities for fire safety. However, as a tenant you also have your own responsibilities. Please read this important information.
Our responsibilities to reduce fire risk
It is our legal duty as your landlord to reduce the fire risk in our flats and housing schemes, and ensure that tenants can escape in an emergency.
That is why we:
- regularly inspect and maintain your building, so it meets fire safety standards
- complete an annual review
- complete a fire risk assessment in communal areas (corridors and hallways)
- complete repairs in your building
- service and maintain any fire alarm system installed in your housing scheme
Your responsibilities to reduce fire risk
As part of your tenancy agreement, you agree to
- maintain your home
- report any repairs needed in communal areas
- store your personal belonging safely – not in communal areas
PLEASE keep communal areas free of items such as:
- mobility scooters
- potted plants
- pictures and ornaments
These are emergency escape routes that need to be clear in case of a fire or other emergency.