Make a stand campaign
Broadland has pledged to support tenants and staff affected by domestic abuse through the Make a Stand campaign
We’ve made the following pledges to ensure zero tolerance to abusers, and to support our tenants and staff.
- Put in place and embed a policy to support residents who are affected by domestic abuse.
- Make information about national and local domestic abuse support services available on our website and in other appropriate places, so that they are easily accessible for residents and staff.
- Put in place a HR policy, or amend an existing policy, to support members of staff who may be experiencing domestic abuse.
- Appoint a champion at a senior level in our organisation to own the activity we’re doing to support people experiencing domestic abuse.
Broadland also supports the HEAR campaign, which aims to break the silence around domestic abuse and provide support in the workplace.
By signing up to HEAR, we have agreed to:
- ensure staff affected by domestic abuseget access to the right specialist support
- make sure staff get the right training, so they know how to support colleagues
- not tolerate domestic abuse in any form. We will provide a supportive workplace for staff who experience such abuse
- review our policies and processes and ensure we implement them correctly.
The Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Group in Norfolk runs the HEAR campaign, which was set up to mark White Ribbon Day in 2020.